I have been experimenting with different ‘superfood’ ingredients and have tried to create a vitality drink with amazing health benefits that actually tastes good. I think I’ve done it! Skin health is really about combining good nutrition with an effective skincare regimen and a healthy lifestyle. This superjuice has a multitude on benefits including:
- Clarifying the skin
- Increasing energy levels
- Reducing sugar cravings
- Detoxifying internal pollutants
- Reducing halitosis and body odour
- Improving immunity
- Increasing blood flow
- Improving digestive health
- Maintaining blood alkalinity for general wellness
- 200ml coconut water
- 1 lemon quartered (no rind)
- ½ Lebanese cucumber chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- Approximately 10 mint leaves
- 1 thumbnail fresh ginger (preferably organic)
- ½ thumbnail fresh turmeric (preferably organic)
- 1 handful baby spinach or kale
- 1 tablespoon liquid chlorophyll (from your local health food store)
- 1-2 sachets Natvia natural sweetener to taste (available from most supermarkets)
- 3 ice cubes (this keeps the nutrients cool to prevent breakdown of vital plant proteins)
- Optional: Add 2 teaspoons of ‘Vital Greens’ Powder or ‘pH Ion’ powder for a real boost!
Pulverise at a high speed for about one minute until fully blended. I recommend the Magic Bullet or Ninja Blender (not a juicer) with a blade speed of 10,000 RPM.
Drink immediately or within 30 minutes of preparation. Enjoy!
Click here to read my blog about how to detox your skin the right way.