The negative effects of the environment are a serious concern when it comes to skin health. Apart from UV damage, the most significant pollutant is cigarette smoke. Passive smoking can have a negative effect, as can city smog, car fumes and dehydrating air conditioning systems.
How can I address this?
- Opt for a diet high in natural antioxidants or take oral antioxidant supplements such as Coenzyme Q10 or Green Tea extract.
- Ensure you effectively and thoroughly cleanse morning and night with an SLS free cleanser which is pH balanced (try Synergie Skin Cleansers). Never go to bed without cleansing!
- Hydronic heating and evaporative cooling is kinder to skin than air-vent heating/cooling
- Apply daily sun protection to fight UV damage (try ÜberZinc and ÜberZinc Body)
- Set your makeup with a pollution and Infrared defence spritz (try Enviroshield)
- Use topical antioxidants daily that will effectively combat the effects of free radical damage created by environmental pollutants. The most potent skin antioxidants include:
Formulated with the latest active and ethical ingredients, our range of anti pollution skincare products harness aspects of science and nature, with the long-term health of your skin in mind. Synergie Skin pollution protection skincare works to hydrate the skin, defending it from urban toxins; a result of sound science, clinical data and a holistic approach to skincare.
Not sure what products are suitable for your skin type? Head to our Analyse Your Skin quiz to find your routine – your skin confidence begins here.