HOW DOES STRESS AGE YOUR SKIN?
Stress causes our bodies to produce chemicals such as cortisol which weakens our immune system and prevents our skin from efficiently repairing UV and cell damage. An efficient immune system is well equipped to maintain skin health, youth and vitality. Lifestyle can play a significant role in reducing stress levels. Yoga is a great way to address this but for those of us who are time poor, opt for two five-minute controlled breathing meditations daily.
HOW CAN YOU PREVENT SIGNS OF STRESS THROUGH TOPICAL TREATMENT?
It is not possible to directly reverse the body’s stress chemicals with topical products alone. However, you can address the effects of stress such as a depleted immune system, aged skin and skin inflammation with the following essential skin ingredients:
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) is a multitasking skin vitamin that increased skin immunity and reduces skin inflammation (such as Synergie Skin Vitamin B).
- Hydrolised Algin is a long chain sugar derived from seaweed that is able to stimulate the skin’s own natural repair mechanism and reduce skin inflammation caused by stress (such as Synergie Skin DermaCalm).
- Retinol (stabilised form) reduces the production of inflammatory factors produced in the skin in response to stress (such as Synergie Skin Vitamin A).
- L-ascorbic acid is a natural inflammatory and antioxidant that reduces free radical damage on skin cells which leads to ageing and irritation (such as Synergie Skin Pure-C crystals or Suprema-C).
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-51 is a breakthrough new peptide ingredient based on the regenerative ability of the immortal jellyfish. This ingredient is able to program damaged cells to repair and reverse cellular ageing in skin (such as Synergie Skin SuperSerum+).
Not sure what products are suitable for your skin type? Head to our Analyse Your Skin quiz to find your routine – your skin confidence begins here.