Your personal information includes any information or opinion about you, or from you which is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
Our Privacy Obligation
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- billing or shipping address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- gender, age or date of birth;
- product preference;
- purchasing or transaction history;
- payment and banking details, including credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information in a number of ways, including:
- When you visit and/ or register on our website or app;
- When you enters a competition or promotion;
- When you respond to a survey;
- When you join our mailing list;
- When you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- When you interact with our sites, services, content and advertising;
- When you invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business;
- from third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives; or
- from publicly available sources of information.
We may also generate personal information about our customers from information that we have. For example, by analysing our records of a customer’s use of our products or services or the customer’s previous dealings with us.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to provide goods or services to you or to receive good and services from you;
- to invite you to exclusive events organised for our customers;
- to develop and improve our products, services and business;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- for our internal administration purpose;
- to comply with our legal obligations, address any issues or to resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Collection of Sensitive Information
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products or service. This may take the form of phone calls, emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- service providers (including providers that host our web servers, manage our IT and/ or those involved in the operation of our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, lawyers, accountants, insurers, auditors, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- in certain circumstances, to third parties that require information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and/ or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We require our service providers to keep personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than performing services for us or on our behalf.
You should be aware that some information that you upload to parts of our websites or to our social media pages may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information to upload to such sites.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
As we are an international business, some information (including personal information) may be transferred to countries outside of Australia in the ordinary course of our business including but not limited to our overseas related bodies corporate and/ or other parties located in:
- USA, UK, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Canada.
We may also disclose personal information outside of Australia to cloud and service providers located outside of Australia. The countries where these disclosures occur are primarily New Zealand, China, Hong Kong and United States of America. This list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time depending on who we partner with. We will endeavor to update this list on a periodic basis.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the type of browser software used, the internet protocol address assigned to your computer and the previous website from which you linked to our website.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser. However certain aspects of our website may require the information collected by cookies to function and may not be available or perform optimally if the cookies function is disabled.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We also use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for any and all consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You have the right to seek access to the personal information we hold about you. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
You also have the right to request us to correct any personal information we hold about you which is inaccurate. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
You can ask for access to or correction of your personal information by contacting us using our details under the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and include as much details as possible in relation to your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you may refer the issue to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Synergie Skin Pty Ltd
- 22/125 Highbury Road,
- Phone: 1300 689 619 (within Australia)
or +61 3 98306661 (international)
- Fax: 03 9830 6659